[Not available at Bukit Timah Plaza]
In a world where “anything goes” when it comes to romance and sex, it can be difficult for a young woman to distinguish between truth and lies. Be encouraged by 22 God-loving, relatable and courageous writers who share their real-life experiences and teach from God’s word to expose 10 common myths about love and sexuality, to find hope and freedom.
Comes with reflection questions, action steps and a discussion guide.
For younger girls, parental guidance is advised.
Have you heard of any of these myths?
- The longer I wait, the fewer good Christian men are left. I might as well get together with whomever comes my way.
- Guys are more interested in how sexual a woman is than how pure she is.
- Having sex in a dating relationship increases intimacy.
- It must be my fault if I am sexually assaulted.
- Sex is just for self-pleasure.
- The Bible teaches us to love. I should then support LGBT individuals to be with whomever they love.
- There is no hope for girls who have lost their virginity.
- There is nothing wrong with consuming porn; I am not hurting anyone in the process.
- Sharing my struggles with sexual sins will cause people to think that I’m “dirty” and “impure”.
- I have to exploit or give up my femininity and sexuality to succeed in life.
Amanda Teo, Benita Lim, Jaime Wong, Joanne Kwok, Pastor Joey Asher Tan, Jennifer Heng, Karen Lee, Ps Lydia Chen, Ps Marianne Wong, Noelle Wee, Dr. Tam Wai Jia, Tiffany Low.